Tuesday 4 June 2013

First Day

Pre-camp
1. What sounds interesting about this project?
- I like discovering new things that makes up life so that I could be like a scientist and create something useful that can impact people's life in a positive way.

2. What do you think you can learn from this project?
- I can learn more about cells and bacteria from the Scanning Electron Microscope class and I can also learn more about composite material processing and how even the most useful things i use in life are actually composite material processed.

3. Any immediate questions regarding this project?
- Currently, no.

Plenary Sessions
Note down at least one key learning point for each sessions


  • Earthquake research on the coral reefs of Sumatra
I learnt that the slips during earthquakes rumples up the sediments. The sudden folds of the sediments causes tsunami.


  • IT for Animation
I learnt three things IT and Animation can give and teach us
1.  Everyone can be an inventor
2. Identifying / analyzing the problem
3. Provide effective solution

I also learnt that a typical 2D animation is cheaper than a 3D animation and a 3D CGI.


  • Innovation Breakthroughs in Nano-Science and Nano-technology
I learnt that nano-science and nano-technology has been around since 1959

Nano-science is the ability to manipulate atoms.
Nano-technology is to mimic what is in nature.

The people who are famous in their nano inventions:
 Richard P. Feynman
 K. Eric Drexler
 John Walker

Biological Inspired:
-cell motion
-self organization
-lubrication
-adhension


No comments:

Post a Comment